Because I want to bake something and I think this is a simple recipe to follow and yummy at the same time!
200 g Digestive biscuit (or graham crackers)
200 g soft cheese
100 g sugar
2 tbsp sour cream
100 g melted butter
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp strawberry flavouring (optional)
3 tbsp self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Strawberry jam for topping
Fresh blackberry (optional)
1. Preheat your oven 180C/170C fan/gas.
2. Put the biscuits in a food processor or put the biscuits into a sealable bag and crush them up into tiny crumbs, make sure there are no big chunks.
3. Melt the butter and pour it in the crushed biscuits. Mix it together until well combined.
4. Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
5. Press the mixture into the base of the paper cases.
6. Bake for 10 mins. Leave to cool.
7.For the filling, beat the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
8. Then stir in your self raising flour, sugar, vanilla extract, strawberry flavouring and sour cream. Add your eggs one at a time and make sure not over beat the mixture.
9. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base. Bake it for 10 mins. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 15 mins.
10. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the tin. To serve top the cupcakes with a spoonful of strawberry jam and fresh blackberry or any type of berries you like!